Thursday 27 October 2011

DOUBLE STANDARD FOR COPS

This was a Vancouver Province letter to the editor a couple of years ago. Hahahaha must have had about a dozen phone calls and e-mails from friends that day warning that I may as well have painted a big target on my back. Happy to say that wasn't the case  ...

Editor,

Last Thursday around noon I was travelling along River Road on my way to Ladner following Delta Police cruiser 609. Over the distance of about six miles the cop made four lane changes, one right turn and two left turns -- all without signalling.

At one point we left a red light together and in no time he was speeding well over the posted speed limit until he got stuck behind a dump truck. He proceeded to tailgate for at least a half mile until the road split into two lanes, at which time he pulled out and passed the truck on the inside, again without signalling.

I wonder what would happen to me if a cop witnessed me speeding, tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic and failing to signal?

Sincerely
Rusty Monger

No comments:

Post a Comment